Windows 10 – How To Change The Default Application To Open Files
Some type of files, in our system, can be opened with more than one application. If your computer is a typical one, then different applications can open the graphical files and sometimes when you open a file, it opens in the wrong application.
Windows 10 is assigned to open the files with its default applications and the following steps will guide you to change the default application to open files of certain type.
1. Open Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, choose Programs.
3. From Programs window, choose Default Programs.
4. Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
5. Set Associations window opens. This window lists the file extensions by which different file types can be identified.
6. In the Name column, scroll and select the file type you are concerned with. For example, if you want to change the application with which Windows 10 opens JPEG files, scroll to and select the JPEG file extension.
7. Click Change program button. A window appears with a list of applications on your computer that can open files of the type you selected.
8. Select your first-choice of application for opening files to this type and then select the OK button.